We are in full gear for the holiday season. Here are some ideas on how to use aromatherapy to enhance your holiday season. Not only are essential oils helpful in killing germs but they can brighten the season by adding wonderful scents to your home.
1. You can scent your home by using essential oils of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Just mix 1 drop of cinnamon, 3 drops of nutmeg and 2 drops of clove. This blend can be added to a burner or in a small pot of hot water on your stove (as it cools you can heat the water for a couple of minutes and turn it off). You can also add the blend to baking soda, allow it to sit over night and sprinkle over carpets. Let it sit for half an hour and vacuum. You home will smell as though you have been baking. It gives a warm feeling for family and guests.
2. If you have an artificial tree but miss the scent of a real tree,use pine essential oil to give that natural scent. You can use a burner or put a couple of drops on a cotton balls and place in corners out of reach of children and pets.
3. This time of year adds a lot of pressure. Getting ready for the holidays can cause many sleepless nights. Lavender essential oil can help you relax and sleep well. It only takes one drop on a cotton ball or on your pillow. If you want to unwind before bed, fill your tub, then and 3 drops of lavender to your bath, swish the water to disperse the oil and soak for 15-20 minutes.
4. Let’s not forget Frankincense and Myrrh use 3 drops each with 3 drops of orange and use in a burner for a traditional feeling of Christmas.
5. I recently came across this idea and thought it would be great to share. Before you wrap Holiday gifts make a blend of essential oils, put a couple of drops on a cotton ball and place it in a package of tissue wrapping paper. Allow to sit for 24 hrs. Then line your boxes with the scented paper.
I use these and other blends for the holidays. If you try them please let me know what you think.
Enjoy! Happy Holidays!